AcroYoga Journey is our niche service under Yogis Odyssey. We are currently the only company combining this yoga form with the leisure of travelling to India.
AcroYoga blends the wisdom of yoga, the dynamic power of acrobatics, and the loving kindness of healing arts. These three lineages form the foundation of a practice that cultivates trust, playfulness, and community. Jenny Sauer-Klein and Jason Nemer co-founded the practice in 2003, which has since touched the lives of hundreds of thousands of people world-wide.
It’s a partnership practice that involves one person acting as a base, who keeps in contact with the ground to support the flyer, who is lifted into various poses that stretch and strengthen the entire body. Usually, the base lies on the ground and uses his or her legs to support the flyer. More advanced positions require the base to stand up and support the flyer using the arms.
With benefits spanning across the realms of mind, body, and spirit, the practice of AcroYoga is well worth looking into.
AcroYoga has 3 main elements:
- Solar Acrobatic Practices that cultivate trust, empowerment and joy.
- Lunar Healing Arts Practices that cultivate listening, loving and letting go.
- Yogic Practices that cultivate breathe awareness, life balance and connection.
How to practice AcroYoga
If you’re new to the practice, it’s best to seek out in-person guidance. Taking a class ensures that the poses will be learned efficiently and safely. Typically, the class is broken into groups of three people, so that the base and flyer always have a spotter standing nearby to ensure safety for beginners. Another benefit of formal training is that you don’t have to supply your own partner. However, an AcroYoga class can also be a lovely date with your partner or a way to have fun with a friend.
Benefits of AcroYoga
The practice of AcroYoga can mould the overall personality of the participant by improving mental, physical and spiritual aspects. Its athleticism, discipline, and concentration improve one’s personality, confidence, trust, and kindness. It also helps to lose weight and the Thai massage makes the skin glow. Benefits of AcroYoga include the following:
- AcroYoga enhances concentration, and this helps to ease mind from worries and relieve stress, leading to a more peaceful life.
- This trio combination results in a stronger immune system and improves the overall quality of life. It makes for a happy, satisfied and content life.
- It helps ease various chronic health conditions such as insomnia, anxiety, depression, pain, etc.
- It improves digestion, boosts elimination of toxins, and improves blood circulation, thereby building stamina. It improves memory and capacity to recall as well.
- AcroYoga poses emphasize proper body alignment, relieve gas and constipation and help build an appetite.
Overall, AcroYoga promotes mental and physical health and a positive attitude towards life.